BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Malaysia Week, spring break, and...other stuff too...

First of all, my name is ALTHEA...

2. The books I read are in English, I can't speak, read or write Bahasa Melayu (the Malaysian language).
3. Well, they do sell candy like Milky Way, Twix, Skittles, Buenos at local groceries. But some other groceries have American products like Ben & Jerry's, Tootsie Rolls and Hersheys. They also sell Nerds ( You've got to love NERDS!!) sometimes when it's Christmas or Halloween.
4. I finished reading all of the series...about one week before the Twilight movie came out in Malaysia. Have you read "Midnight Sun"? It's an incomplete draft of the 5th book that was leaked on the internet, but I got it from a site (http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html) where she herself posted it. Midnight Sun is practically the same as the first...but in Edward's perspective. Click here to read MIDNIGHT SUN!

Malaysia Week:
Malaysia Week is where we, a mix of 6th, 7th and 8th graders and teachers (that we call "site leaders"), go to different places to enjoy the beauty of Malaysia, interact and make new friends, and also improve our skills in the School-wide Learning Results (Otherwise known as the "SLR's"; Collaborate Constructively, Communicate effectively, Reason Critically, Think Creatively, Learn Enthusiastically and Live Ethically).

I am also going to the Perhentian Islands (Pulau Perhentian in Bahasa Melayu) for the spring break. The name "perhentian" means "stopping point" in Malay, referring to their longstanding role as a waypoint for traders between Bangkok and Malaysia.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Althea,
Yes, I have read Midnight Sun.Do you have Twilight on DVD yet ? Do you have lacrosse at your school?
Life in Memphis:
Well I told mostly about a regular school day. Now here is the schedual for anyone who likes art and animals.
1) Go to the Memphis College of Art.
2) Near the Memphis College of Art is another museum that usually has art in it.
3) Past the museum you will see the Memphis Zoo.
An that is what you would usually do if you liked animals and art.
Here is some info on my non school life:
I have three dogs(golden retrievers) and one cat. The dog's names are Fluke, Tuck, and Cody, and the cat's name is Kilo, for Kilometers.
I love to read sci-fi, romance, and fantatsy (These are all tied for first, second, and third).
For movie wise, I have three favorites:
1) Twilight/Golden Compass
2)Narnia- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe/Prince Caspian
3)Pink Pather 1/ Pink Panther 2
Now their is one thing I must ask. Do the movies in the movie theaters have the actors speak Malaysian or is it depended on the movie theater?

Natalie said...

Hey Althea,
I forgot to tell you about my Springbreak and our version of Malaysia Week.
Springbreak:
I went to Disney World, Florida on Friday morning and got there at 2 pm. Right when we left the airport in the rental car we went to the B.X. The B.X. is like a Military target-see anyone who has a military I.D. can get in. The bell just rang! I'll tell you the rest of Springbreak later! BYE!

Unknown said...

real funny! i love the penguin thingy!!!

-mike from st. michael's school

Natalie said...

Hey Althea,
At Disney World we went to the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios. My favorite rides were Indy Speedway, Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story and the Spinning Teacups. Do you have Disney Channel? They have a scavenger hunt at EPCOT that uses Kim Possible from the Disney tv show.
Our Team Trek is like your Malaysia Week. Last September, our entire seventh grade went to Heber Srpings, Arkansas. We stayed in a barn with three high bunk beds. Our room had two bats that we named Alice and Emmet. Each day we did obstacle courses. It ended on my birthday.
Who was your favorite characterin Twilight?
Have you read The Last Apprentice? Also have you read The Golden Compass?
Do you feel many earthquakes?
Bye